Convert a Pages document in Pages for Mac
How do I convert a Pages doc to a docx on a Mac?
Convert a Pages document in Pages for Mac
- Open the Pages document that you want to convert.
- Choose File > Export To, then select the format.
- In the window that appears, you can choose a different format or set up any additional options.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for your file, then choose a location for the file.
How do I open multiple pages on a Mac?
Open a second document when one is already open With a document open in Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Dock. On the Dock, touch and hold the app icon, then drag it to the right or left edge of the screen to make a Split View.
How do I convert a DOCX file?
DOC to DOCX
- Choose the DOC file that you want to convert.
- Select DOCX as the the format you want to convert your DOC file to.
- Click “Convert” to convert your DOC file.
How do I convert GDOC to DOCX?
Right-click the selected documents–or click the menu button at the top-right corner of the Google Drive page–and select “Download.” Your browser will download the documents in Microsoft Office format–. docx for documents, . xlsx for spreadsheets, and . pptx for presentations.
How do you save a Pages document on a Mac?
Save and name a document in Pages on Mac
- Click anywhere in the document window to make it active, then choose File > Save (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
- Enter a name in the Save As field, then enter one or more tags (optional).
- Click the Where pop-up menu and choose a location.
- Click Save.
How do you change Word version?
Choosing a Version of Word doc file type and then click or tap “Change Program” to set the default application associated with it. The latest version of Word will be shown as the most suitable choice — select “More Options,” then “Look for Another App on This PC” to pick an older version of Word.
How do you fit to page in Pages?
Fit the pages in the document window: Click the Zoom pop-up menu and choose Fit Spread. Increase or decrease the size of the pages: Click the Zoom pop-up menu and choose a percentage, or choose Fit Page Width, which zooms one page to fill the document window horizontally.
How do I change the template in Pages for Mac?
Edit a custom template
- Open Pages, choose File > New, then double-click the template you want to use as the basis for a new template. Custom templates appear in the My Templates category in the template chooser.
- Make your changes, choose File > Save Template, then choose an option to save the document as a new template.
How do I transfer old version of Word to new?
Click the File tab. Do one of the following: To convert the document without saving a copy, click Info, and then click Convert. To create a new copy of the document in Word 2016 or Word 2013 mode, click Save As, and then choose the location and the folder where you want to save the new copy.
How do I use templates in Pages for Mac?
Choose Pages > Preferences (from the Pages menu at the top of your screen). Click General at the top of the preferences window, then select “Use template.” Do one of the following: Use the currently selected template: Verify that the name of the template you want to use appears after “Use template.”
How do I set the paper size on a Mac?
Create a custom paper size for printing on Mac
- In an app on your Mac, choose File > Print. If you see a Show Details button, click it to show all available options.
- Click the Paper Size pop-up menu, then choose Manage Custom Sizes.
- Click the Add button to add a new paper size, then specify the paper size you want.
How do you change margin size in pages?
Set document margins for a word-processing document
- Click. in the toolbar, then click the Document tab at the top of the sidebar.
- In the Document Margins section, click the arrows or enter values in the fields next to Top, Bottom, Left, and Right.
Why can’t I open pages on my Macbook?
If you can’t open a Pages document, make sure that you have the latest version of Pages from the Mac App Store. If a document is dimmed and can’t be selected, it means the document can’t be opened by Pages. You can open and edit Microsoft Word documents (files with a . doc or .
Can you open a Word document in Pages?
Click on File in the menu bar and select “Open.” 3. Find your Word document and click on it. Pages will automatically convert the Word file to a new Pages file (alternatively, if the Word document has been sent via email, you can open it there and it should automatically launch in Pages).